Sunday, June 29, 2014

The work is going great and I am super happy(:

Sister De Hoyos

June 24th

So anyways, this week was super different for Harrison Bay. Sister Thiriot got transferred! I knew she was going to because we go home at the same time and so I had to have another comp. So Monday and Tuesday were reallllly super busy and crazy visiting members and investigators for Sister Thiriot's last time. We were able to commit Brianna (one of our investigators) to be baptized on August 9th. She is so great! (: That will literally be like 3 days before I go home. I can't even believe it.  

Wednesday was our transfer meeting and I got a new companion! Her name is Sister De Hoyos and although her name makes you think other wise, she isn't a Spanish sister. It's really great though because she is learning it. She is such a good companion. We look a little funny together though because she is like 6 feet tall and has super long blonde hair. and well... I am the opposite. haha She is such a great missionary though. 
 
So funny story... the night before Sister Thiriot left, she dropped our phone in water so we haven't had a phone for the past week and for those of you who have done missionary work... being phoneless makes it super difficult. Good thing we have some of the best Elders in our mission to take care of us and let us use their phone everyday. hah So we have just been doing our best. 
 
Coolest thing ever... Sister De Hoyos have been making it a super high priority to pray for miracles. and... You should see all the miracles that the Lord has been blessing us with. We were able to teach this one lady named Catherine and she is definitely one of "the elect" and we were able to set up a ton of these appointments one day when our phone decided to work for like an hour. It has been amazing. 
 
 
Faith really is a true principle. We are so blessed over here in Harry Bay. Love it(: 
That is pretty much everything for me. The work is going great and I am super happy(: I love being a missionary and I love the Savior... and I love you! (: Have a happy week!(: 
Hermana Bateson

No comments:

Post a Comment