Tuesday, April 1, 2014

I must be going through like a "mid- life crisis" or something in my mission


Mission Leadership Council 3-9-2014
17 de Marzo

For some reason.... I am just really struggling. I must be going through like a "mid- life crisis" or something in my mission because this week has been so hard. I have learned a lot though. Mostly just that I have so much to learn.

One super fun thing that happened to us was we went tracting and I swear to you it was like our thousandth door and all the sudden it started pouring rain. POURING!! And we were at least a half a mile from the car. haha Needless to say by the time we reached the car we were sopping wet. We still tried to see some people and nobody was home so we went home and changed. 

Also, our investigator Raisa! Oh yeah. This is the best story ever. So we go on Wednesday and we tried to show her some church videos and it ended up being a huge test of my patience. We went back on Saturday and she told us that she spent 3 hours praying and she told us that God told her she needs to be baptized. LIKE WHAT!? hallelujah! por fin!!! She also says that she needs to go to the temple in Utah. haha ANYWAYS... that is super exciting!!

P.S Moroni 7: 45 I need more of this!!!
 45 And acharity suffereth long, and is bkind, and cenvieth not, and is not puffed up, seeketh not her own, is not easily dprovoked, thinketh no evil, and rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth in the truth, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.


25 de Marzo

Well this week has been the longest roller coaster of my life.  Monday started off pretty safe. We did some service at the Glatz house but not much more to report. Same with Tuesday and Wednesday, I got to exchange with the only "sister" I like in the whole mission, Sister Shurtleff. She is so awesome and funny but I probs won't ever get to be her companion because she isn't a Spanish missionary. 

But anyways...we committed Raisa to live the Word of Wisdom and so far it's been like five days since she has had coffee or tea!! Yayy!!(:

Thursday... was a good day too except for Hermana Malloy and I had to give yet another training. (why me...? haha) So then we had to go tracting and I will just be honest....Sister Bateson and tracting DON'T GET ALONG! haha But Sister Malloy is patient with me and she helps me get through it haha By the time Friday came along I decided I was mostly sick of tracting and trying to find people to teach then ... Saturday came and we found out the news that I will be staying in Seymour for my 5th transfer. I cried. Actually, bawled. But I think I can do it. This is what we like to call.. "Sevierville Endurance!" But really...it is truly testing my mission endurance here in Sevierville. There are a few people that i really love such as Bonnie and Scarlett and without them I would have died already.

 Oh coolest thing ever! We were tracting the other day in this neighborhood called Eagle Den and this kid came out and we were like talking to him and we asked him which church he went to and he said, "Um...I don't go to church I'm Asian" hahaha So anyways we are now teaching this kid named Ton who is from Thailand!! How cool is that?! It is a little different though because he doesn't have a Christian background and this is the first time doing that so I feel like a "newbie" all over again! haha

Sorry back to Sevierville Endurance. Please pray for me because I will be going on 7 months here and my patience is wearing thin, but that's all I'm going to say about that. 

So back to Ton. He sang for us the other day my most favorite song in the whole world called " You'll be in my heart" (yes, the one on Tarzan) and also some  T- Swift and Justin Bieber.  LOVED IT!

Today we are up in the Great Smoky Mountains with Bonnie and we went to the Cherokee Indian Reservation. It's beautiful up here although I wish it was a little more green. It's still all brown but still pretty wet. Well enough about me I love you! Gracias por escucharme(: 

Hermana Bateson

P.S.  I AM SO EXCITED FOR CONFERENCE!!!!!!!! This is going to be the best weekend of my life!!!(: Seriously can't even wait right now. Did you watch the Women's conference?? Wasn't it like the best thing that you have ever seen in your whole life? Well I thought so. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment