Sunday, April 13, 2014

General Conference was awesome, right?? Loved it all!!



Mission Leadership Council meetings
31 de Marzo

So this week was ...stressful. We had like no miles this week and so we had to do quite a bit of walking and our area isn't exactly a walk area, to say the least. So anyways, other than that it was really great because we got to watch Women's Conference and that was just a joy and a half. haha I loved every second. 

We also have like the greatest investigator known to man named Ton who is from Thailand. I probably told you about him but he is just like a blessing for me. (: He says the funniest things because he is just so honest about everything. haha

I have been thinking a lot about humility and pride and that whole cycle. Pride is like the major thing that keeps us from being close to God. I have been able to see it so much in myself lately which has truly helped me to change. Also, I am just almost overwhelmed with my love for the scriptures.

 Oh no. It's almost 10:27! Sorry got to go! Love ya all! Hermana Bateson

7 de Abril

General Conference was awesome, right?? Loved it all!! I especially loved Elder Holland's testimony and Elder Bednar talk. We all went to the church to watch it and we ended up pulling up chairs and couches to be able to be more comfy. haha Ton our investigator came. He left halfway through though which Sister Malloy and I were pretty sad about. Hopefully we will be able to talk to him about that. 

We also had the Mission Leadership Council meeting this week and Zone meeting so I would say that I have definitely been fed well spiritually this week. 

So how are you guys? We had quite a bit of success teaching this week. It was really cool. We got like 3 or 4 new solid investigators that I am pretty excited about as weel as I think Raisa is getting close to baptism. The only thing that is keeping her is just a bit of humility issues. But, if I was in her position I would probably act and do the same things. I really have learned a TON in the last few weeks about pride and humility. It has been on my mind a lot that it's basically a catalyst for all the other things that take the Spirit away from us. ( kinda like it says in Mosiah 3:19)

19 For the anatural bman is an cenemy to God, and has been from the dfall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he eyields to the enticings of the fHoly Spirit, and gputteth off the hnatural man and becometh a isaint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a jchild, ksubmissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father.

But, anyways, we did a lot of good this week with lots of study and prayer. Is there anything I can do for you all? Sometimes I feel like I just go on and on. haha Thank you for all the support that you have given me and I will continue to pray for you all. 

Love you, Hermana Bateson

No comments:

Post a Comment