Tuesday, July 30, 2013

my new companions name is Hermana Edlund

First things first, Guess what??  I'm training!!! Oh. My. Gosh. For those of you who are not familiar with missionary lingo - training means you get to be with a brand new, fresh off the plane missionary and teach them how to be a "real" missionary! Crazy huh?? But it doesn't stop there everybody! She speaks Spanish too! Hallelujah! (: So my new companions name is Hermana Edlund and she is the sweetest, most genuine doll you will ever meet in your life. She is 20 years old and from Pleasant Grove, Utah! (right around the corner, eh?) I am learning fast though that the "training" thing is definitely more for me than her. I am learning so much, so fast!

***WAIT! News Flash! I saw three wild peacocks on the side of the road two days ago! I had to blink a few times because I couldn't believe my eyes. Yes, they are that beautiful. ***

Okay, back to real life. Amy, Matthew and Matthew are going to be baptized on August 10th! Holy Cow. They are amazing! their faith is so inspiring. I asked Amy if she prayed about the Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon and these are her exact, unwavering words: " I know He is real and it happened: WHO SAYS THAT??? I LOVE this gospel. I can literally see their countenances changing the more they study and pray. It's life - changing.

Anyways, I don't have much time pero... I LOVE YOU ALL!     Hermana Bateson

P.S. Shout out to all my peeps following the blog. I hope ya'll get a good taste of Tennessee(:

No comments:

Post a Comment