Thursday, July 18, 2013

How in the world is it already July??

How in the world is it already July?? That is crazy! How is the summer in Utah? I miss the dry heat! It's super wet here all the time! Like the air is thick. It's weird because I think I have allergies here. I heard it's been super hot down there! It has been raining for like 4 days straight! The rivers flooded all the parks and there was rivers instead of roads. It's a nice sunny day today so that's nice and fresh. Also there has been a ton of lightning bugs lately. They are so pretty! But there is also mucho spiders and bees and chiggers and ticks and all of that so... I guess you just have to deal with that! It's definitely not a desert out here! haha hmmm... que mas???

We committed a whole family to baptism last night! It was so exciting because they are so prepared! Also, Yamel ( one of the Spanish less actives I have been working with FOREVER) finally came to church! Yayy! and she brought her kids! I had to translate though. That was hard.:/ My Spanish has been getting better though. We have quite a few Spanish investigators. I probably speak Spanish half of the day. It's... good, but still, it's hard sometimes to understand what the heck they are saying to me! haha.


Funny story: so I drink a lot  of aquawithout fail, every person that we go and see comments on it. One day I left my water in the car and the people were like: "We don't recognize you without your water!Who are you??" haha It was super funny!Drink more water! It's good for you! haha

That was really nice what Elder Huffaker said about me. I guess you just never know the kind of effect you have on people. I bet he was just trying to be funny or something. haha You know how boys are these days. haha You just never know what they are going to do. haha

So... for the fourth of July we were allowed to stay out until 10:30! How crazy is that?? haha It felt super weird and I felt really tired the next day. I don't know how I ever didn't get 8 hours of sleep! haha We got to see the fireworks that night over the Suchackis' farm too!! And let me tell you they do not have fireworks regulations here like they do in Utah. The fireworks are crazy!(:

Before I say any thing else I really want to just bear my testimony. I don't share it with ya'll as much as I should. The gospel changes lives and the Book of Mormon is truly the word of God. Every question that we have in this life can be answered by reading it. The people that God calls to be his prophets and apostles are truly what they say they are. Study the General Conference Ensign. It is exactly what we need in our day! Heavenly Father needs us in his work. He needs us to stand strong in this world. For reals, now is the time. I didn't fully realize this back in Utah but truly these are the last days and He needs us. I know these things are true.(:

Entonces... I hope everyone is doing good back in Utah! I miss you! I love you !    Hermana Bateson

No comments:

Post a Comment