Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Everything is pretty busy here in Loudon.

Here is the picture of my knife that little Gary gave to me. Some Elder Huffaker just told me that it really isn't a real knife though. Apparently it called a "box cutter" haha So Im a little sad about that but whatevs. haha It's still cool to have a knife!

Everything is pretty busy here in Loudon.(: We are super busy so that's great! haha I am still with Hermana Harrison because she hasn't got her visa yet. I bet she will get it soon though. It must be hard to be here in Tennessee waiting to go to Peru, but she is super strong. We are definitely trying to help each other with our Spanish, that's for sure.

It's a bit of a bummer because all of our investigators are either moving, on vacation, or straight up avoiding us. haha It's a good time though, I mean for reals, where woould missionary work be without difficult investigators???

As for an update on my chigger situation, it's getting a lot better. They barely itch at all anymore!

Funny story: so we were walking one day last week and we decided to stop and talk to this lady that was "porch sitting" as most classy Tennesseans do around 5 or 6. So she invited us into her gate and told us to sit down, so of course we did. Then she starts telling us how her husband is a preacher and that he has been for like 40 years or something. And this lady is old, like old, so you can imagine our confusion. Then out of nowhere, her husband shows  up. Then he proceeds to tell us that we are wrong and that we were going to hell. So... it was pretty awkward. I guess there really isn't a punchline to the story or anything, I would just like to clear the water and say that the church is true and I don't think that the Lord's missionaries are going to hell. haha  Good times.

So I'm sure I have told you about Steve right?? Well, if you forgot Steve is the craziest guy on the east side of the Mississippi. So anyways we were at church on Sunday and apparently his plan was to ask us (the sister missionaries) for a ride home, so we walk up and he is talking to Elder Huffaker about this and Elder Roner tells him that it's probably not a good idea so he screams out "the sister missionaries are mean! Women are hateful!" It was probably the funniest thing of my life. hahaha.

Anyways.. as for the "real" missionary work, it's going great. We found a new investigator that "OYM-ed" and he is doing great. The Spanish is...coming. Maybe at a slower pace than I would like, but hey, it's all good. I love the work. It's super fun although, sometimes its brutal and you need a meltdown or two but it all works out at the end of the day. 

For all my girls going on missions soon, buena suerte! I love you all!! Your going to be amazing and get rady for the fastest roller coaster of you life. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment