Sunday, February 2, 2014

This week was SUPER awesome!

Brooke with some of her old companions

Zone Conference


Training session
Email 1-27-14
So basically this week was pretty interesting. Sometimes we like to say that the days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days. That is so true! I can't even express how true that is! Everyday when I wake up it feels like I am about to run a marathon but then whenever my head hits the pillow Sunday night I am just so confused because it goes by so fast! Also it's crazy because March will be my year mark. Everytime when I think about it I just feel so scared! haha 
So last Monday was good. We had a lot of time for some reason and so we went to the church for like 3 hours and played basketball with the Elders. Let me just take a moment to reiterate how horrible I am at sports. I am horrible. horrible. 
But best thing ever happened. I bought these "cuties" they are like little oranges at Krogers and I have been eating like 5 or 6 a day. My new obsession. (: 
 Tuesday we had dinner with the Abregus and let me tell you they are the funnies people in this world. Like this little kid Fabrizio can rap and beatbox like soooo good. It is awesome. Also one of the sisters... she like barely speaks English and it was so funny. It started to snow like the tiniest bit and she went over to the window and lifted up the blinds and was like "Oh my gosh" sooo fast! Hermana Winters and I could not stop laughing! hahah 
Wednesday was a pretty boring day. We just visited with some people. We haven't been able to see like any of our investigators this week because they all have the flu. I used to think it was annoying when mom would take me in to get a flu shot but I am definitely not annoyed now. Everyone and their dog has the flu right now. It. is. awful. 
Oh yesterday the craziest thing happened. So we got this call while I was in the middle of like holding my face over the sink with a bloddy nose... ( Okay, sorry you definitely did NOT need to know that haha) but anyways. It was President Irion. And so he told me that I was going to be a Sister Training Leader and (for those of you who don't know missionary words.. it is like the equivalent of a zone leader but just for the sisters) so I just barely got a new companion and her name is Sister Malloy. I did already serve with her in Loudon for a week. But its just fun to see what the mission brings. Everyday is some new adventure you weren't expecting. Loving it(: 
Anyways... I love you all and I hope you have a great week. (: (: 
Hermana Bateson

Letter:
 Guess what?? This week was SUPER awesome! So the coolest thing ever happened. We were able to find and teach 3 new families about the Gospel. (: Seriously, it was awesome. I LOVE teaching the gospel to people that are actually interested. haha

Tambien, this week we ate over at these peoples house that are like literally crazy and I forgot what I was going to say about that but let me say that some people are just strait up loco!!

I don't know if I ever talked about this family the Murphy's but I love them so much and yesterday we went over and had dinner with them and it really truly is when I am with members that my testimony grows because they are just amazing(: 

We went with Scarlet Flores (16) and Nicole Abregu (14) well they actually came with us all day on Saturday and we ended up having this amazing lesson with an investigator and they were bearing their testimonies to this investigator and she started crying. I love the young women in the church. Some of them are like the only LDS people in their whole school and they are such great examples and I could go on and on but for lack of time and space I won't, I just love them(: 

Sorry so boring this week Hermana Bateson
P.S. Love y'all. Miss you! See you in September

No comments:

Post a Comment