Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Well this week was seriously the fastest week in my whole entire mission.

Guess what? Hermana Winters (Olivia) is getting transferred and its super sad to see her go. I am also jealous because she is going to the only spanish ward in the whole mission and I get to be stuck in Sevierville with all these english people. hahah Oh well I guess. 

Well this week was seriously the fastest week in my whole entire mission. I think I say that every week but for reals this week was loco hot coco fast. haha (: 

So Tuesday and Wednesday were pretty boring although I was pretty excited because we were able to teach a few Spanish lessons which I was excited about. 
On Thursday guess what I got to do?? I WENT TO LOUDON!! I got to go to Loudon for an exchange with Hermana Lindhardt and I was SO excited(: Basically all we did all day was try and contact Spanish people that her and her companion are normally too scared to contact but none of them really worked out so we ended up visiting some people that I used to visit and that went pretty well. 
 
I had a really great experience with Hermana Lindhardt that really changed me as a missionary and a person though. If you don't mind I would like to share it with you. So she and I are very similar in a lot of different ways and I guess it wasn't anything significant that happened but she was able to really open up to me and we were able to work out some of her concerns with the mission and I don't know, I just felt like even though we didn't teach anyone any special lessons, I felt like I was suppose to be there for her and I am just so grateful for that. (: 
 
One other cool thing we did that day was translate for this one family. So we showed up at Yamels house (a less active/ Part-member family) and we walked right in and this white girl looked strait up at us and was all, "Oh my gosh, I am soo grateful that you guys are here!! Can you help me talk to them??" And so we ended up translating for this random girl from this company and we ended up committing the family to come to church on Sunday. Anyways, I know that the Lord leads and guides his missionaries to be in the right spot where he needs them. (: Loudon is the best place ever! Love it so much!(: 
 
Friday was the day that I was definitely not looking forward to. We had to go to la Conferencia de Zone and Sister Malloy and I had to give a training on "how to work with your companion in Unity" which is so ironic because we have both had like a ton of companions and so it was just one of the scariest things that I have ever done. hahah But we got through it, just like everything else. haha (:
 
 
On Sabado one cool thing we did was we went over to the Mcallesters (a less active family) and we watched the Joseph Smith movie and it seriously had been so long since I have seen a movie and when I watched it, it was like answer to prayer. I loved it because it sorta put into perspective what we are actually doing here. It has helped me to be less scared and shy when we go tracting or OYMing. I guess I am just so grateful that the Lord chose me to be one of his servants and someone he could trust to have the gospel. (: 
Love you all. That's all for this week(: 
Hermana Bateson

No comments:

Post a Comment