Sunday, December 15, 2013

I am seriously becoming a master baker here.

Brooke's new companionship

Mission Home



New missionary trainers meeting
( I found these pictures on their mission website and since Brooke didn't send any I thought I'd post these)


Hello Everybody! How was everyone's semana! We're you all able to watch the First Presidency Devotional? I was really excited to watch it. (: 

Guess what? It's my birthday week! I was thinking that I was going to be super excited but honestly all I want is to like baptize someone or something for my birthday. I think that would be the BEST birthday ever.

Anyways, so this week was an interesting one. I woke up Monday morning with strep throat (or at least I thought) and I thought I was going to die. But then I remembered I got this conveniente package from the young women ( thanks girls!!) that has everyting I need to get better. So anyways, I have been sick this week but it's still been okay.

There is the cutest Asian lady that lives in the ward who literally is smaller than me and the funniest lady ever. She told us that when she was a teenager she was incarcerated in these Japanese camps in Oregon. It was crazy!

Our main investigator Bree has been hit really hard by Satan lately. It's really sad because she was supposed to get baptized on December 14th but she has had too much "anti" from her boyfriend and parents that she has decided to "take a break" for a while. Sorry for the bad news but I was a little sad.

There was the coolest thing ever though. I am seriously becoming a master baker here. Everyone says I make the best pies!! We had a ward Christmas party on Saturday and so we made pies for it and... anyways I guess it was just fun to do.

Last night we went over to the Abregu's for dinner. They are from Argentina and they showed us this drink called Mate and it was disgusting but it was cool how they made it from this plant. 

Well I guess that's all for me. I am not sure if I mentioned this but I started memorizing a scripture everyday. It's so hard, wish me luck! 

Love you all. Hermana Bateson

No comments:

Post a Comment