Sunday, December 22, 2013

2 letters


Christmas Zone Conference
4 de Deciembre:  
Well... today I found out my baby sister just had a baby so that's good(: I hope everything went well. I bet she will be a good mother to her. I do feel a little bit out of the loop though.

Today was seriously the cutest thing of my life.. so we went over to this families house called the Stricklands and they are going to be out of town for a few weeks so they had us over for a birthday dinner tonight. (:  They made me this beautiful chocolate cake and I got to blow out candles and everything! I absolutely had such a great night. Also this week was Thanksgiving and we went over to the Sheets and seriously it was the BEST food ever! I didn't even have room in my stomach to try everything there was so much food. Afterwards we played cornhole and dictionary these two "Southern" games. It was such a great holiday (: Also it snowed this week. I was a little homesick. haha Well gotta go! Love you all!   Hermana Bateson

P.S Jacob 4:9    For behold, by the power of his word man came upon the face of the earth, which earth was created by the power of his word. Wherefore, if God being able to speak and the world was, and to speak and man was created, O then, why not able to command the earth, or the workmanship of his hands upon the face of it, according to his will and pleasure?




16 de Deciembre:

Hola Como estan todo? How is everyone's holiday going? The Christmas season is seriously the funnest. We went  to get our nails done today and I got red and gold. I love Christmas and Christmasey things and Christmasey colors and I love Christmas! (:

Well this week went by so fast again but this week was special because it was my birthday week! Yayyy! Monday night was really fun because we had an appointment with this less active family, the Glatz and we were able to teach them the gospel of Jesus Christ and I loved it because they were so excited to learn and I love teaching because actually getting a lesson with someone that is actually expecting you is priceless so it was a great start for the week.

Tuesday we taught this lady who was in this college class who had to write a paper on religion and she chose ours! I think I maybe talked about her but this week was super awesome because we basically taught her all 4 lessons again and then committed her for baptism in McDonald s. Well it was funny because it was totally random but I try to commit everyone for baptism like every lesson I teach and so she was a little confused about how Jesus Christ  creo la tierra bajo la direccion de Dios and so I looke up the answer and explained and then I started to say,  "Will you follow the example...."and she (before I actually asked her to be baptized) said, "Absolutely." And so we committed her to pray and continue to pray but that kind of reaction was amazing. (:

Wednesday was Zone Conference and as usual, the Spirit was there and I was totally uplifted. 

Thursday was my birthday! The cutest thing ever. I was so over whelmed with gratitude because all the people that called, and wrote, and sent packages. I was just filled with gratitude(:
One of our investigators Celeste who is this 14 year old girl, made me a cake from scratch and this other family gave me a card and it was so wonderful. It really was such a nice day.

Well I guess that's about it for me this week. I love ya'll. I am grateful for all the love and support I get from you back home. It means the world to me!
I know that the church is true. I know that it's through Jesus Christ and his atonement that make up the difference when we think or feel we aren't good enough. I also know that by the power of the Holy Ghost we can know all things and I know that this plan of happiness is real. This is his work, and I am so grateful we were chosen to be a part of his church. 

Love you !! Hermana Bateson

No comments:

Post a Comment