Saturday, November 9, 2013

I'm doing great in Sevierville!

Me by the sign again


Ahhhh Tennessee

Mi companera y yo con masks(:

Mi companera y yo with our mustache pens we found at The Cracker Barrel(:
The leaves are be-a-u-tiful here in Tennessee right now(: Here is a sample

For some reason, we were practicing our sad faces in the car one day so... enjoy. hah


It's so weird because it seems like each day in the mission is like a freakin marathon but somehow, P day comes around sooo fast! It's crazy! But anyways... how are y'all? 

I  am doing great here in Sevierville. It's a great place for me to be. I feel very lucky to be serving aqui. My district is super awesome - all Spanish speakers and I love that. Plus there are actually people in the ward that are Spanish ( or Natives... whatever you call them) and so I love it. 

This week has been awesome. Mi companera is a boss at the piano so thanks to her and my "Hymns made easy " book, I have agreed to play the piano at District Meeting on Friday. I'm super nervous, but I think it will be good for me to get some time in playing with actual people singing along.

 Also, I had to give a talk yesterday in church and it was super awesome because I really didn't have to prepare all that much and I wasn't even nerviosa or anything! I'm thinking that it has to be like a missionary thing because it was always super scary to give talks back home but now, it's just sorta like teaching a lesson or something.

So you guts, the best thing ever happened this week. We were able to teach this girl named Courtni and she gets the Gospel.  Por ejemplo, so we taught the whole restauracion up to Jose Smith and we said that God and Jesus Christ appeared to him ( which to us Mormons that seems like no big deal, right??) Well, it is. She said, "What??? There is God and there is Jesus?" and we were like, "yeah, isn't that amazing?" And she literally sat back and said, "I have always believed that. It just makes sense." It was amazing. (:

Also, I know the priesthood is real. So, the Elders had a baptism on Saturday and she wanted to be confirmed at her baptism which usually doesn't happen but anyways... so Elder Peterson confirmed her and immediately when he put his hands on her head, I just knew, in my heart that it was real  and to sorta tell you why that was so profound, earlier this week we had been totally bible-bashing, like hardcore with this gut who was about to go to "Bible school" -about the priesthood and weird stuff like that. So anyways, that confirmation was just a witness that it is true.

I love the gospel, I love the church, I am just so happy to be a Mormon. We are so Blessed.

Anyways, so this week I got a "compliment" from one of the Elders. I couldn't actually decide if he was trying to be nice or calling me stupid in a nice way. Anyways, he said I acted exactly like Buddy the Elf. I thought about that for awhile and decided to take it as a compliment because seriously... who doesn't like Buddy the Elf??? Am I right or am I right? 

Anyways, okay I love you all! Sorry to ramble. haha   Hermana Bateson


No comments:

Post a Comment