Sunday, November 17, 2013

2 letters this time

One day, we were driving around trying to contact these people and we found them but they were still at work so we started tracting on this beautiful mountain until they got home and I turned around and saw this... que bonito!(:

This picture is absolutely terrible of me but it's a good one of the district and our Zone Leaders! love them!(:

I know I have been slacking but... I finally got the fish mailbox(:
(oh and in case you were wondering... it was FREEZING that day!
4 de Noviembre

Hello, Everyone, How is everyone doing? I have sure missed Utah lately although I have heard some rumors that it's snowing so maybe I don't miss it that much. haha

Okay two quick thoughts before I forget:
1) I am grateful to mi madre this week because she raised me to be a hard worker. Even when it's hard and you don't want to. I am so lucky  to have the work ethic I have because that truly is what these people out here are missing. I have been thinking so much about that lately. I'm so lucky to have such a good mommy.
2) I love learning. I seriously do. It's my new favorite. I can't believe that it took serving a year and a half in Tennessee to realize that. haha

So this week was Halloween! We had a super fun "Trunk or Treat" out at the church on Wednesday with the ward. I was able to better get to know a lot more people in the branch and me and Hermana bought the same cardigan and dressed up as twins!

Sooo on Sunday I had a bit of an experience. I went to Relief Society and was chosen to be the translator. yayyyy..not.  haha Let's be honest right now, my Spanish is not that good and so I ended up translating Sociedad de Socorro for some Spanish sisters and after I asked them if they could understand and they said "un poco" which means "a little" so basically I need  to step it up and all that I could do was laugh because I honestly and truly did my best. haha slap in the face haha. It is hard when you seriously have no Spanish investigators or anything. Pray for my Spanish It needs some work. haha

Alrighty, well shout out to the Young Women for sending me that adorable package and all the quotes. I love ya'll remember who you are and stay beautiful!!

Love you all!!!

Hermana Bateson



11-13-13


This week was super fun. And by fun, I mean productive. haha Monday was super awesome because my beautiful companera and I got new coats at Banana Republic so now not only do we have the truth... we also look great sharing it(: Thanks Mom! haha Tuesday we spend our time in the mountains... it was beautiful. I think I sent a picture but I swear it is fifty thousand times better in real life! (: Wednesday... I spend yet another day in Knoxville with the Sister Training Leaders for exchanges. I learned muchisimo!(: Knoxville is so boring though. I am totally converted to serving in the country. And by country I mean Tennessee middle of nowhere country where the houses are ten miles apart and the walking up the driveway could easily be taken as scaling a mountain. haha
Guess what?? I played the piano at District meeting!! (: Yayy! It was so exciting, I'm not kidding, I thought I was the coolest. (: I played "We thank thee O God For a Prophet" and "Love One Another" Of course they were in the easy hymn book but still... I played and people sang to it. Goal? Accomplished.
Also, there is this super awesome family in the ward named the Boles and let me tell you... if anyone does member missionary work, it's them. We found a solid investigator through them. Member missionary work. Do it. I mean, this is the work of the Lord guys. How can you not want to be a part of it?? It makes me soo happy(: (:

Um... I think that is all for now. I absolutely am so happy here. No doubt, its the hardest thing of my life but I can't think of anything more rewarding... literally I have tried and there is nothing. haha  I love being a missionary and I love learning and I love the gospel and I love YOU!(:
Hermana Bateson

No comments:

Post a Comment