Sunday, September 8, 2013

This past week was one of the hardest on my mission so far.


This was the day Elder Becker and Elder Huffaker left Loudon. I tried to get them to be normal for once but obviously, they couldn't. haha  They are trying a little too hard to be "strong" or "buff" or whatever it is they do these days! haha Miss them!!
These are my two best friends... and they left me :(

This is the most southern license plate ever. I just can't even handle it. haha

The wallpaper in this bathroom. Do I need say more??


Hmm lets see.. I wish I could lie and say this week was super-awesome and a fun filled adventure... but I can't. This past week was one of the hardest on my mission so far. Some of my complaints are (but not limited to):

1. We had to ride bikes with helmets...gross.
2. We didn't have a car.
3. We tracted for 13 hours- Did you know we're a cult now?? haha wow I just absolutely LOVE getting the door slammed in my face... not.
4. Spiders ( not Utah spiders... like real spiders) are literally taking over the South. We kill like 3,000 a day, the bushes look like Christmas trees because of webs, one actually landed on my head when we were walking up to this one door- you can imagine me running around their yard flipping my head around like a cray person, very next house... a spider literally jumped at my face. I screamed bloody murder. I'm so glad nobody was at home. haha Okay enough about spiders... I think you get the point. I hate them. But really.
5. Oh... the humidity. Might as well not even dry off after my morning shower.
6. We got locked out for like an hour a few nights ago. I bawled. I think that was the first time I told my companion I wanted to go home:(    ..... Don't worry I'm fine now (:  
7. So Loudon and Lenoir City are separated by a river and so LC High School and Loudon played last Friday. Loudon lost:( No estaba feliz.


OKAY... ENOUGH. Guess what? Even though it was a rough week I did learn a TON! Ether definitely has got it right in Ether 12:6!  

And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that afaith is things which are bhoped for and cnot seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no dwitness until after the etrial of your faith.

Finally, Saturday night we were able to find a few new investigators.  The Lord doesn't forget about us. He just doesn't. Even when we think he does. He doesn't.

 Plus, we were able to find the best, I mean best Mexican food  down in Farragut. It's called the "Taco Truck". Let me tell you, they have Quesadillas that are to die for! And the guys all think I'm cool cuz I can speak Spanish. (sorta haha)

Anyways... I know this is super scattered and random BUT I love you!

Hermana Bateson



1 comment:

  1. My son is Woodstock, VA(Baltimore, MD Mission), it sounds like this elder is having similar experiences like my son, haha, poor kid.

    ReplyDelete