Sunday, August 25, 2013

What is Brooke doing wearing glasses? She is a kook!

8-22-13 Loudon district mtg. (from mission website)

 This was and is the one and only tic toc! Best. Ice cream. Ever. PS that guy right there is my most favorite person in the world. Everybody... meet Elder Roner. haha 


How ya'll doing this week? I was definitely having a good week myself. So I went on my very first exchange this Thursday. It was the very first day of my mission outside of Loudon. I almost cried when I had to leave the apartment for 24 hours and go serve in Knoxville.... downtown Knoxville, THE KNOXVILLE. It actually is super small, SLC is like three times the size. I got to teach some super hilarious people though. It was funny. The drugs are super bad there though. Definitely worse than Loudon, that's for sure.

So I have a new goal, (drum roll please) I am going to learn to play the piano. It is so useful as a missionary and I can play lots of easy versions of the Hymns so I'm really excited to start learning more. We have also been doing a lot of Family History lately, or at least learning about it. Sooooo yeah. Isn't that sad that these are like the exciting things for me??? hahaha Well.... not that many cool things happened to us this week. It was sorta lame compared to our family baptism last week. haha

Fun fact #1: I some Hispanic guy gave us a whole bag of peppers! haha We gave them to the Elders... seriously what am I supposed to do with 30 jalapenos?? haha

Fun fact #2: I almost Bible bashed with some old lady about prophets. haha almost... some dreams just don't come true. ha just kidding, don't bible bash. It's bad. The Spirit instantly leaves and we can't have that.

I had a really spiritual experience in District meeting. One of the Elders chose me to do a role play with them and I got really nervous because I was totally at a loss for words or what to say or anything. Then I prayed so hard to Heavenly Father to literally fill my mouth when I opened it and He did, completely. It was amazing. I felt the Spirit so strong.

Anyways... I'm still doing good as ever. I love teaching the Gospel and I love serving. Everyday I am so grateful for this opportunity. (:
LOVE YOU ALL! MISS YOU!!  Hermana Bateson

No comments:

Post a Comment