Saturday, August 17, 2013

Amy, Matt, and Matt got baptized!!!

This is me the day that I learned how to crochet. Don't let my smile fool you. I had the worst headache in the world after that. Shout out to all those awesome ladies that crochet, this girl is definitely NOT cut out for that. haha I think I will just stick to missionary work from now on. haha

This first one is of all of us at the Baptism of Amy, Matt, and Matt on Saturday! Yay! It was probably the best day of my life. haha

Yep. We found a pony yesterday. Its like not a big deal or anything... haha

This is just Matt, Katy, and I at church yesterday. Katy reminds me of me in little girl form. She never stops talking and her hair always needs to be brushed. haha

Brooke's mission President and his wife are to the left.
Sooo many things have happened this week. I am trying to be exactly obedient and work as hard as I possibly can. I hope you feel my love and prayers. I hope the Lord blesses all of you as much as he blesses me. 

Okay, so I got myself a new camera ( her last camera got dropped and broke) Love It! It's the cutest, littlest white camera. I'm practically obsessed with it. Plus, the guy at Target gave me a $40 discount! (Perks of being a missionary I guess)

I made my first cake this week. It didn't turn out very well but it was super fun making it. The Elders liked it. haha We went to the Knoxville Bishop's Storehouse a few times this week. I love serving I also just love seeing how it works. The church really does have an AMAZING welfare program. If you haven't been able to notice, the church just gets more and more true everyday. It makes me so happy.(:  I actually got to pack all the food and supplies up and send them off to the truck. It goes from there strait to the people. Everyone there talks about how there is an "amazing Bishop's Storehouse" in Utah and everyone wants to visit it. They think I'm cool when I tell them I'm from Utah. hahaha

I have been trying to be more positive in my life lately. I really want to be like the roommate in "Beautiful Mornings". Elder Bruce D. Potter's talk from General Conference. I have been trying to choose to be happy and choose to "live after the manner of happiness" like in 2 Nephi 5:27. But then again, I guess it's not that hard when all you have to do is teach people this amazing gospel. I never knew how the Book of Mormon can literally be your best friend. But it makes me happier than anything.(:

Guess what?? I have wonderful news! Amy, Matt, and Matt got baptized!!! They are the best family ever. They are those people that just get it. They got baptized on the 10th by Elder Huffaker. It was such an amazing experience. I was stressed out of my mind trying to put it all together but it worked out and it ended up being the perfect baptism. that is what it is all about. They got confirmed by Elder Becker yesterday at church. The Lord really did bless me so much by letting me have the chance to teach them. I am so grateful everyday for that family. 

Hmmmmmmm...... que maz????  Ohhhhh yeahhh. The lord has been blessing us with lots of Spanish investigators lately. We teach almost all our lessons in Spanish. It has been so great to finally teach in Spanish regularly. My Spanish is still no bueno, pero it's getting better. It is hard for me to understand it but I know the Lord is helping me.

Okay sorry for being so selfish and so talkative in this letter. I hope it makes sense okay, ust know that missionary life rules. I couldn't be more happy. (Well, maybe if Mom was here haha)

Entonces... I'm super tired.   LOVE YOU ALL!  Hermana Bateson

P.S. South for lyfe!!! Estoy feliz aqui!(:



No comments:

Post a Comment