Wednesday, May 1, 2013

I made it to Tennessee

As for me, I made it to Tennessee just fine. The flight was pretty long. I just sat and studied spanish the whole time. I sat by a lady that I tried to share the gospel with but she wasn't very receptive. I think she just thought I was another random missionary for some church. There are a TON of churches here in Tennessee. Most of them are just like random local churches. There are a lot of catholics and Methodists and all of that. Its VERY different. I feel really out of place most of the time. And its true about the accents. Everyone talks funny. Sometimes I want to start laughing and tell them to stop talking like that but it really is their voice so I can't.
My companions name is Whitney Bowmen. She is from Logan, Utah and she is 22 years old. I feel like a baby sometimes around her because she is so experienced. It's hard because she doesn't really know Spanish. Did I tell you that I am the very first Spanish Speaking Sister? Well, If I haven't yet, I am. It's sounds pretty cool but mostly it's just hard because I end up teaching mostly by myself.
I also really miss my friends back in the CCM. They were seriously the best and I am kinda struggling without them. Im sure I will be fine here soon enough. (:
My apartment is HUGE! I swear it's like as big as our house back home. Okay, not really but it is really big. Me and my companion actually live right by this ice cream shop that is to DIE FOR! I have only been there once but I kid you not, it was the best ice cream I have ever had. I got chocolate with chocolate chunks because I was craving chocolate. (shocker there haha... not!) It's called Tic-Toc Ice cream parlor. Delicious(:
My area is called Louden. It's in Tennessee, right under Knoxville. It's right on the border of North Carolina. It is very beautiful. Its really green outside. There is a lot of trees. It has rained everyday since I have been here too. Its so pretty, and that raincoat and umbrella we bought me really come in handy! hah Im glad we didn't give up looking for those! haha

1 comment:

  1. Your mission president was my OB MD and delivered Ben he is so awesome tell him HI! for me. Hope things go well for you. Meleta

    ReplyDelete