Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Here I am in Tennessee

The green countryside
River outside of their apartment
At a baptism
Brooke and Sister Bowman her companion
It was really tough at first but I'm kinda getting the hang of it. I have figured out a few things about Tennessee I think you should know.

1. Everyone says "ya'll" ha ha. Everyone. I have heard all the nicknames in the book already. "Darlin", "sweetheart", "honey" you name it

2. They eat mushrooms with everything. Like really??! Mushrooms of all things... it had to be mushrooms. So I have had to hurry a give mine to my companion when the hosts aren't looking! haha  Oh and PS they also love tomatoes. I have had to eat them a few times and to be honest they aren't that bad.They aren't they worst thing! Try eating a mushroom. Yuck!!

3. There are cockroaches here. Big ones. It's completely disgusting! I can't stand it! Stay away from them at all costs! We also have every type of spiders, snakes, and bees known to man. Like WHY!??haha

4.Everyone is already "saved" and did you know Mormons aren't Christians?! Well this is news to me! I definitely believe in Jesus Christ so I guess there's something wrong with me.People like to tell us what we do and don't believe. Word to the wise: if your a missionary stay away from Jehovah's Witnesses. They like to start stuff.

Anyway's more to come. The church is true! Hermana Bateson

No comments:

Post a Comment