Sunday, January 12, 2014

I made some resolutions for myself

How was everyone's New Year? I hope it was good for all of you. I made some resolutions for myself as I'm sure most of you did. Here are mine: 

1) No more sugar for the rest of my mission! ( and to clarify on that, I mean like sweets and desserts. I am fully aware that there is sugar in most everything we eat.)

2) Stay faithful at memorizing a scripture a day. 1 in English and 1 in Spanish. Anyways what are yours??

This week was a great one. We lost Hermana Horrocks but that's because she is going to be serving in Loudon! She is so lucky! I love and miss that place. Hermana Winters and I have been working so hard though. We have been doing our best teaching and at least for me, my mindset is very different about missionary work, because for some reason September seems so close so I am just working so hard... it feels like I will be home in like an instant! haha loco!

Coolest thing ever... we went to the Barrazas a few nights ago, (like our only dinner this week- yes, the life of a missionary is sometimes so sad haha) and they served us like this special Peruvian food and it was literally the best food I have ever had. It came with this delicious drink se llama Chica Morada. Muy bien! I loved it! They put real black corn and mix it with pineapple and limes. I'm obsessed. 

Never forget the Church is true. I love you all. Hermana Bateson

P.S. One thought that I had all week that just makes me think is this: "Christ is love, light and happiness and hope" and so if this is true... if Christ didn't come we wouldn't have love, light, hope or happiness. What would we do without him???

No comments:

Post a Comment