Sunday, October 6, 2013

We went to this old "cotton mill" or whatever it's called and when we showed up after riding our bikes like three miles to get there.. this was all it was. haha BUT it was still a little fun.

This was about 5 minutes before I, Brooke Bateson, put my foot in the Tennessee River. It was pretty gross but I had to do it, just to say I did it. (:

I have had such a good week! Being a missionary RULES THE WORLD! haha This week we got to go down to Farragut and go to the La reunion de Sociedad de Socorro. (Relief Society Meeting) It was amazing! I will tell you, the second the Prophet stood up and started to address us, I felt the Spirit so strongly. I know he is the prophet of God on the earth today and just knowing that is such a blessing. I loved what he said about prayer. All he said was, "Remember Prayer" and it was just so profound. Best night of the mission for sure. Plus, the women in Tennessee have such big hearts, I love spending time with them. 
(:

NEWS FLASH: Sister Bateson had her first Spanish investigator at church yesterday!!! It was soooo sweet! I was so happy to see her come. It was our fast Sunday and I was able to go and dar (give) my testimony en espanol and it was just a neat experience to be able to do that. (: (: 

Also, I'm starting to get better at this whole "Bible belt" Tennessee thing. I mean, I wouldn't exactly call it "Bible bashing" but kinda in a sweet little sister missionary way. haha  I have put a lot of trust in Heavenly Father's promise that if you bare sincere testimony you will not be confounded before men. And the Lord keeps his promises. I have never once had my testimony be put down and for that I am grateful. But really and truly, these people need to know the truth and that's what we have so I am just doing everything I can to let them know what we have. ** okay missionary soapbox moment** haha

SECOND NEWS FLASH: Sister Bateson was asked to give a training ( for hose that don't know what that is, it's basically when missionaries teach other missionaries) at Zone Conference on Friday! Ummmm... Hello! Are you loco?? Haha I definitely should not be up there training other missionaries. haha I still feel brand new at this! More on that next week... I will tell you how it goes! haha 

LOVE YOU ALL!               Hermana Bateson

P.S. Shout out to all the kids in Daybreak 2nd ward who wrote me! I hope they call me on a mission...

No comments:

Post a Comment