Sunday, October 20, 2013

1st transfer


This is my old bedroom! hah Mine is the bed with the black flowers(:

Is this dog not the cutest dog everrrr? I love him. His name is Winston(:

I know this looks weird of me but I just want everyone to know that sister missionaries in the South have thee cutest bikes ever! (:

Downtown Loudon(: Voy a extranar a Loudon!

Best sign ever! I finally took a picture of it like the day I left Loudon. The Elders made this sign like 4 or 5 months ago and I loved it so much I had to get a picture!
The other side of it. (:





This is the old study room down in my beloved Loudon!
1st letter this week: 

Hola, Another week! Holey Moley! I am really so confused on how it is already October, but whatevs I guess. Does time go by this fast in real life? Just wondering because it's starting to scare me. haha

Well conference was this week and wow. It gets better and better every time I watch it. We are so blessed. Want to know what my thoughts were the whole time?? Well... to sorta preface my thoughts... they kinda go along with Uchtdorfs talk and this guys conversion story I heard. He said, " I don't want to be a Mormon" 
Wake up call everyone- living the gospel is hard and most people aren't willing to it. Also, people (at least in the South) go to church and listen to their Preacher tell them that we are a cult and to stay away from us. Why would you want to walk around with the churches name taped to your chest or even have the courage to express membership?? he said, "I don't want to be a Mormon... but why are we?? Because it's true."
Hello! It really is true. The blessings are really and truly there. It's amazing. I am so grateful to be part of this church. How blessed we are to have a prophet- the mouthpiece of God.

Also, Sunday morning we were driving over to the Elder's casa to pick them up for Conference and every single church that we passed (besides the Seventh-day Adventists haha) had full parking lots and we pulled up to the parking lot to our little humble  church and we were the only car there. If those Baptists, Methodists, etc, only knew that THE prophet of God was speaking they would do anything to go there. Truly, how great is our work. Bringing them to the truth. Anyways, sorry for that missionary soapbox. Sometimes I can't help myself. haha 
LOVED CONFERENCE! 

P.S. The Lord has truly tested my patience this week, There is this Elder where I am serving with a lot of "different" philosophies about missionary work and the rules and stuff. Let me tell you... I have only raised my voice once and I am proud of myself (: haha

P.S.S. Big News! I almost forgot to tell you! GUESS WHAT??? I am getting transferred for my very first time. I am so sad to leave Loudon but I completely trust that it is what the Lord wants. I am very scared though. I feel like I'm going to a brand new mission or something. Estoy nerviosa :/

2nd letter: October 14th

Well this week has been very different for me. I actually got transferred for my very first time! It was so crazy, I'm telling you. So now guess where I am?? Sevierville! It's super loco. 
My new companion is freakin awesome too (: I love her and her name is Hermana Horrocks. She is from Bountiful, Utah and I just don't even know what to say... oh yeah. She is one of those "sporty girls" haha. She is super good at sports.

So we live with these miembras called the House's and that is pretty different. The house we live in is an old farm house built in the 1800's and so its super like "southern slave" material. It's crazy. And awesome. 

It's really weird because right now in the area we didn't have any investigators. Like none. So I am working super hard just to find new investigators... Someone to teach! haha And my comp has been here for 12 weeks and hasn't exactly had any investigators or baptized anyone so we have a lot of work to do. Also, she just got done being trained so I really want to help her to have more faith in the area and la obra misional.

Anyways, I'm really excited to be here.(:  My Spanish has also been improving too because we actually have Spanish members and all of my district is Spanish so it's fun to actually speak Spanish and have people understand me. haha

Tengan una buena semana!! Hermana Bateson


No comments:

Post a Comment