Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Lovin' the MTC

The first few days of the MTC are rough but it has gotten so much better this week. I have made lots of new friends! 

My district is the BEST! We all get along really well. The Elders in my district are so funny. One time we were sharing our testimonies (in English for once) and one Elder  who is super awkward and shy, but really has a good heart said this, " I know that its really hard to forget the worldly things like cookies and stuff..." Ha Ha Ha He seriously said that in the middle of his testimonio y we all started laughing it was so hard to control ourselves. We call him "cookies" now. The funniest thing EVER! 

 (Brooke breaks in to Spanish quite a lot in her letters)
Anyways, the food is still muy bueno! They have like 10 options per meal! its like heaven in the cafeteria. I gave up on the "no sugar" goal on Sunday because I had to try the BYU's ice cream!

Mi companeros y yo run for 3 miles then do yoga and stretch. I LOVE IT! I love having a running buddy since we are allowed to listen to musica.

I have been teaching "investigators" in Spanish a lot! Its really hard to express yourself to an investigator in Spanish because I don't know the vocabulary or the grammar to really say much. I have learned though to rely on the Lord, the words will come at the very second you need them. Its really interesting to me that even though I barely know Spanish and the investigator can barely understand me , the Spirit is still felt, if you teach by it. I have really learned to rely on the Lord for his Spirit y his help when teaching.

Although the espanol is really hard and you have to work at it, the gift of languages is real. I would never have imagined that I would be speaking this much Spanish in such a short time. Its insane how much the Lord is with his missionaries. it's such a blessing to be this close to him all the time. I am grateful and so happy here. I no longer look at it as a sacrifice but an amazing blessing and oportunidad. Es muy bueno.:)

I feel prompted to share something that my branch president told us. He said " If we could just see the Celestial Kingdom for even just a second, we would strive our whole lives to get there. Although we could serve him all our lives, only through his grace could we ever catch up, and eventually make it there." That has helped me this week.

Me gusta compartir mi testimonio con usted. Yo se que Jesucristo es mi Salvador. Yo se que nestro padre Celestial es muy amoroso. La iglesia es verdadera.  Jose Smith y Thomas S. Monson son profetas. El libro de Mormon es verdardero. Padre Celestial ayuda nosotros por medio oracion. Este conocimento me ayuda a vivir feliz y ser una buena persona y tener esperanza. En el nombre de Jesucristo, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment