Friday, March 29, 2013

Almost Half way done at the MTC

Yeah I will be here for six weeks. I am almost half way done! My departure date right now is April 24 but it might change when it gets closer to the time I get my travel plans.

 I have seen a TON of people I know here. Its pretty awesome. And we all talk in Spanish to each other and that is even more awesome! Seriously, learning spanish any other way would take years but I already know WAYYYY more than I ever thought I would just in two and a half weeks. We are always taught in Spanish and I usually understand aroung 80 percent of what the teachers are saying which is amazing! We also teach lessons to fake investigators in Spanish too! Like full-blown lessons. Right now, my companions and I have two investigators. One is named Paulina and the other is named Ryan. It's really scary when we have to go and teach them but we get used to it. I actually like teaching because that is when you can really practice your espanol and get to know your investigators. Sometimes it's hard to plan lessons with three companions because we all have such different ideas but our "plans" usually change completely when we are actually with the investigators. Teaching is the HARDEST thing ever! Not being able to express yourself is so hard because I don't know all the spanish I need to know yet so sometimes it get frustratintg when you are trying to teach.
 
ANYWAYS... other than the teaching... The MTC is my favorite place ever! I love always learning about the gospel and being with a ton of people that all love it as much as me. It is a LOT of hard work but it is definitely worth it after you teach a solid lesson. The food is still wonderful, I usually eat too much! Haha I love going running everyday, it keeps me sane! Also,our elders in our district are freaking hilarious! We get off topic a lot when we are trying to study because we always talk about the most random things, so we usually have to say a prayer about every 30 minutes to an hour just so we remember to stay focused! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment