Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Ist letter

Brooke says..."My first day we got into the classroom and the teacher wouldn't speak any English to me- like nothing at all. Nothing and I was in class within the first 5 minutes of being there."
She says that the second day was the hardest because they sat in class almost all day learning Spanish. "I learned how to pray, how to bear my testimony and to talk generally with people. SUPER HARD SUPER TIRED"
She is in a trio for her companionship and she says they are both amazing!! She is already trying to teach an investigator in Spanish.
"I loves the MTC already. Everyone is so nice and loving. There are very long days. I can barely sleep at night because I have Spanish stuck in my head. Sometimes I think in Spanish and I definitely talk in Spanish a lot."
She says...
There are 5 hermanas (sisters) in my room and thats different.
I use a public bathroom all the time.
You have to wait in line to shower.
The food is so good! It's all you can eat all the time...so I'm probably going to get chunky while I'm here.
I go running everyday on the track with my companions.
I sit in the classroom literally 14 hours a day and that gets tiring. I start to get dilusional around 8 or 8:30.

 She sounds like she is doing great!

1 comment:

  1. Yahoo! Go Sista Bateson! So fun to hear this...sounds just like her! She cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete